Welcome to WBCT Los Angeles
NEW INFORMATION AND TERMS/CONDITIONS RELATING TO DEMURRAGE AND DETENTION INVOICE -- LEGAL REQUIREMENTS- Please see bottom of page for updates
*** For ALL empty container inspections please report to Roadability. Drivers are NOT allowed to open their doors without following this process or they may face fines/bans***
**WBCT now offers a guaranteed empty in dual transaction appointment as long as there is a valid decked import appointment and empty type is being accepted **
For any Emergency on terminal please dial (310) 519-2378
*** All transactions must have an accompanying EIR Ingate pass and EIR Outgate pass (unless bobtail out). Drivers are responsible for making sure their transaction matches their gate pass. **
- X-Ray Exam $265.00
- Tailgate Exam $265.00
Payments can be made using the link "Multi Pay" at top of page
Please contact Customer Service at email@example.com for exact pricing:
- Trans Devan (Removal of cargo from Flat racks only) - $5,600
- Non Trans Devan (Removal of cargo from Flat Racks only) - $3,350
- Trans Flip (Chains & Plugs to accommodate over dimensional cargo, not a devan of cargo) - $900
- Top Handler Flip (Chains & Plugs, certain dimensional restrictions apply) - $450
- Bromma Flip - $200
- Regular Flip - $65
All rates above are subject to change depending on Height, Width, and Weight of cargo.
Trans Devans/Flips require appointment. Additional charges will be assessed for missed appointments.
For further questions please contact:WBCTCS@WBCT.US
Night and weekend Contacts: 310-519-2332 or
- WBCT is in close proximity to many local neighborhoods which are susceptible to noise pollution. We ask that truckers refrain from using their horns while staging inside or outside the terminal unless absolutely necessary.
- DO NOT leave empties on wheels without written permission. Any empty found on wheels will result in a FINE and BANISHMENT for the driver.
- All foreign chassis (Non-POP) MUST be taken out by the driver that in-gated with the chassis. Any foreign chassis that are found in the yard will result in a FINE and BANISHMENT for the driver.
- WBCT is not responsible for your chassis, if you bring in your own chassis, take it out with you.
- Contact SSCO for special empty equipment return locations.
- Safety is our #1 priority here at WBCT.
- Safety Vest must be worn at all times.
- Truckers must obey all posted signs in the terminal, including STOPS, SPEED LIMITS, KEEP CLEAR, ETC.
- Drivers must wear seatbelts at all times.
- It is illegal to have and operate GPS Jammers or Spoofing devices on terminal.
- There is no Cell Phone use while in-motion on the terminal. If Cell Phone must be used, please pull to the side and stop your vehicle. No Photos or videos are allowed.
- Drivers must stay in their vehicles at all times.
- For Empty container inspection, drivers must report to Roadability and be assisted by a clerk.
- No passengers are allowed in the truck inside the yard.
- Speed limit in the yard is 10MPH and is strictly enforced.
- Follow the traffic directions of all security personnel.
- Use safety walk ways to walk from the Truck Trouble Parking area to the trouble window.
- Longshore personnel operating yard equipment have the Right of Way.
- Yard Horn Signals:
- 1 Blast – Stop
- 2 Blasts – Pull Forward
- 3 Blasts – Back Up
- Undo twist locks before container is decked.
- Travel in the marked isles and lanes only.
- If your container is on a bad order or incorrect chassis go to the Flip Line.
- Park your bare chassis in the appropriate area.
- Engine must be turned off while at Roadability
- Truckers, please allow the truck at the pedestal lane to clear the pedestal prior to next truck in line entering for the next transaction.
- Drivers must see a clerk before dropping or picking up a Reefer.
- All drivers MUST have a TWIC card prior to entry.
- All drivers MUST go to the In-Gate pedestals to enter the Terminal.
- All drivers MUST out gate through pedestal/bobtail out gate lanes.
- Please ensure that driver receives an EIR before exiting with a container. Containers not properly interchanged will cause delays when returning and result in a Gate Runner penalty.
- All chassis must have updated BITs prior to Out Gate. If BIT is expired, take chassis to Roadability for re-certification.
- WBCT accepts all POP chassis.
- All trucks must be in compliance with the Clean Truck Program and PierPass. For information use the below:
WEST BASIN CONTAINER TERMINAL
2050 John S. Gibson Blvd
San Pedro, CA 90731
Firms Code: Y773
Hours of Operation:
1st Shift: 0700-1700, 2nd Shift: 1700-0300
All persons accessing WBCT are required to show their valid TWIC.
For all empty container inspections please report to Roadability.
DRIVERS! Please make sure your headlights are OFF during night operations.
Status of Shipments, Container Availability, Bookings and Holds:
Trucker Issues, Over Dimension Cargo, Booking Issues
Tailgate fees, Collection and Payment of Demurrage, Yard fees as well as rates, schedules and demurrage disputes , please contact:
Hazardous Documentation, US Coast Guard Holds and Coordinating Hazardous Examinations please contact:
US Customs Holds, Detentions, Seizures, Examinations, and USDA, FDA information please contact:
All fees (Flip, Customs, Demurrage, Banned Trucker, etc.) must be in the form of Check, Money Order, Cashier's Check, or payment on-line. Please make all checks payable to: West Basin Container Terminal.
NEW INFORMATION AND TERMS/CONDITIONS RELATING TO DEMURRAGE AND DETENTION INVOICE -- LEGAL REQUIREMENTS
On June 16, 2022 the Ocean Shipping Reform Act of 2022 (“OSRA 2022”) was signed into law. WBCT are therefore currently updating our internal systems to reflect additional information and disclosures which are to be included with our invoices and receipts. However, to ensure the continuing flow of cargo and its prompt release while these changes are being implemented, the following information, terms, and conditions hereby apply effective immediately:
- WBCT acts only as an agent for the Carrier, and relies upon the representations for accuracy and completeness of information supplied by the Carrier with respect to contents of each invoice.
- Any certification with respect to a Carrier’s compliance with OSRA 2022 or other applicable laws or regulations contained on WBCT invoice is made solely based on WBCT’s reliance on representations of the information provided to WBCT by the Carrier.
- WBCT may continue to issue demurrage and detention invoices in accordance with its existing practice on an interim basis, and will amend and/or reissue invoices as soon as technically practical to the extent additional information is required to be provided pursuant to OSRA 2022 or other changes in law or regulations.
- Until new invoices are available and/or amended, the following additional information is hereby incorporated into each invoice governed by the OSRA 2022 for demurrage and detention as though fully set forth in and printed for both online and hard copy invoices and receipts:
- Allowed Free Time is four (4) days
- The applicable detention or demurrage rule on which the daily rate is based can be found Port of Los Angeles Tariff No. 4 (https://www.portoflosangeles.org/business/tariff)
- Questions or requests for mitigation of fees may be directed to:
- Based on representations of the Carrier, information, and belief, the charges are consistent with any Federal Maritime Commission rules with respect to detention and demurrage.
- Based on representations of the Carrier, information, and belief, the Carrier’s performance did not cause or contribute to the underlying invoiced charges.
- As to Paragraphs 4(d) and (e) above, WBCT has requested, and expects, but has not yet received, confirmation and consent from all Carriers concerning OSRA 2022 Carrier statements and certifications, including as described in Sections 7(d)(2)(L) and (M), and therefore any such statement or certification contained in (or, pursuant to paragraph 4, above. incorporated by reference into) an invoice or receipt from WBCT is limited to the representations, information, and belief of WBCT.
Hearing impaired drivers -
Please click HERE for service instructions.